Social Icons

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fat Flush: Week 1 Day One

I was going to start this plan on Monday, but I figured I would get a jump start.  The rest of my posts will not be as detailed as this one, but I want to show you what my routine consists of.

Breakfast:

The first thing I did was prepare my Cranberry Water.  Since I have done this before, I an using two empty glass containers which are recycled containers from previous Cranberry Juice bottles I have purchased.

 I added 4 oz of Cranberry Juice to my measuring cup and poured it the first jar and repeated the step with the second jar.  Once the Cranberry Juice was added, I filled up the rest of the container with purified water.  Out of four 16.9 oz bottles of water, this was how much was left over:



Next, it was time to drink my Lifelong Cocktail.  I choose to use ground flaxseed.  I have tried it using psyllium husks, but to be honest, it makes me gag.  The ground flaxseed goes down much easier.

To make the Life Long Cocktail, I poured 8 oz of my Cranberry Water into my measuring cup and then added 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed (and yes...I drink this straight out of the measuring cup...no need to dirty up more dishes than necessary).


Once it is mixed it looks like this:  Not too bad!  The psyllium husks would clump up. I am so glad I switched!


Next, it was time to drink the lemon water.  I rinsed out my cup and added 8 oz of hot water.  Then, I squeezed juice out of half a lemon into my measuring cup and drank it.



 Ah..the last stage of my morning breakfast routine.  I made my smoothie.  For this, I used 1 scoop of Chocolate Whey, 1 cup of mixed blueberries and raspberries, 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, and 8 oz of cranberry water.



All of this went into my cup, and was then blended using my amazing Ninja.


It came out like this.  The taste was rather dull. It wasn't bad though, and I've had worse.


I wanted to start my prep for my Barbacoa recipe.  This will be the protein for my lunch for the next few days.





Moving on to Lunch:
I decided to make my Turkey Burgers.  Instead of using oil, I cooked them in beef broth.  I am glad I did.  They turned out very juicy!


I served my turkey burgers with a side salad (sweet baby lettuce, tomato, onion, and no dressing) and cucumbers drizzled with white vinegar and a dash of fennel seeds.  For the turkey burgers, I sprinkled some garlic powder and cumin on there for extra flavor.  The burgers were amazing!  The cucumbers were good except for the fennel seeds.  The fennel taste was so strong that I quickly scraped them off the cucumbers. Lesson learned.



For snacks:
I had a hard boiled egg with paprika and dry mustard sprinkled on top, 1 diced mini bell pepper, and 1/2 a grapefruit sprinkled with cinnamon.

For dinner:
I decided to try the Barbacoa recipe.  Heaven forbid I don't like it and have to suffer through lunch eating it.  Here is what it looked like after removing from the crock pot and shredding:



I had a serving of the meat (since the meat was so fatty, this only gave me four servings total).  For my side dish, I had the other half of my cucumber from this morning topped with a pineapple salsa. This was very yummy if I say so myself.  

The pineapple salsa recipe is as follows:
1 cup of diced pineapple, 1 jalapeno pepper diced, 1/2 a large tomato (seeds removed), dash of lemon and lime juice, and 1/2 tbsp of diced cilantro.


Well, that's a wrap on Day 1.  According to MyFitnessPal this is what I consumed:

Calories: 1389
Cups of Water: 9 (72 ounces)
Total Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 1610 mg
Carbs: 80 grams
Protein: 117 grams
Vitamin A: 196%
Vitamin C: 362%
Calcium: 91%
Iron: 186%


No comments:

Post a Comment