Social Icons

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All Things Water

So I have come to the realization that my body was in desperate need of H2O.  I struggled all last week with fits of hunger, but since increasing my water intake this week I find that it is extremely easy to tame that wild beast (aka stomach).

Looking back at my food journal I noticed that I was drinking maybe 32 oz of water a day. That is about 1/2 of what the recommendation is ( eight 8 oz glasses per day).  So, how was I able to hit my daily target plus some?  I started carrying a cup around with me that has a straw in it.  I have found that water is super easy to drink with a straw.  For some reason drinking out of a bottle is starting to give me gag reflexes.



Since I am on the water train this evening, I thought I would share some cool facts I that I found about the benefits of drinking water:

1. It balances out your body's fluids. If you are not taking in enough fluids then your body begins to run low. This causes Your brain to signal your kidneys to reserve more water.  While this means less trips to the restroom, it also means that your body is retaining fluids.

2. (This is one that I realized this week) It can help control your calories.  

3. It can Energize your muscles.  

4. It helps skin look good.

5. It helps your kidneys.

6. It helps maintain normal bowl function.

Source: 


Also, one important thing you should know:

If you drink water from a plastic bottle, never leave it sitting in the sun and don't use them to heat water in.  Plastic bottles Contain chemicals that can leech into our bodies. This may create greater cancer risks. Bottles that get heated by the sun or get warmed up otherwise may leak more of these chemicals. If at all possible, try to drink you water from a glass container or pitcher.

1 comment: