Social Icons

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Salsa Recipe: My Very Own- Best Damn Hot Salsa!

Ms. Brandy's Best Damn Hot Salsa
I swear I made the best HOT salsa!  I love my salsa over store bought any day.  I even saved a few Herndez salsa bottles so that I could reuse them and put MY salsa in them.  My recipe fills two of those containers plus a little extra left over.

I am going to put my recipe on here for anyone else who would like to make it.  To me, it is so good that I could actually drink it.  Also, if you have a stuffed up nose this will definitely clear it.  ;-)

Serving Size: 1/2 tbsp (10g)
No. of Servings: 103.7 (1037g) or (36.6 oz)
# of Calories: 3 per serving
# of Calories total: 311







Ingredients: 

12 oz can of La Costena Green Pickled Jalapenos (dice up the jalapenos only and throw away the remaining contents)
4 oz can of Diced Green Chilies
28 oz can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes, Original (drained)
1 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
1/2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp garlic (freshly minced)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp cilantro

Directions:

Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.  Serve & enjoy!

Note: For chunkier salsa you many want to hand dice and place all ingredients in a container.  Also, the longer this salsa sits the hotter its going to get.  If you don't like a lot of heat just cut back on the amount of jalapenos.


2 comments:

  1. I had heard that consuming a spoonful of hot or medium salsa before going to bed in the evening encourages the metabolism during the night and contributes to weight loss. Any agreement out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure but I consume a LOT of it. :) I love spicy foods and eat if for every meal (except breakfast).

      Delete