Social Icons

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2 of Gluten/Dairy Free: 07.02.13

Today was much better!  This morning I opted to leave out the egg and add cucumber to my breakfast mixture.  I found research that said cucumber is good for the gallbladder.  Well, guess what?  I did not have an attach today.

I had the same hunger attacks today as I did yesterday.  I was craving SUGAR!  I swear I now know what an alcoholic feels like.  The more you deny your craving the more you want it.

To make matters worse, I had to go to a meeting at work today.  Guess what they had in little bowls all around the conference room? Candy!  I saw bowls and bowls of Reeses minis, mini Hershey bars, Smarties, and so on...  I really, really wanted that Reeses cup!

Thankfully, I packed something with me.  I reached in my purse and pulling out a baggie of cucumbers and strawberries.  I have to admit that I was only satisfied for about 5 minutes before the chocolate was calling my name again.  It seemed like that 3 1/2 hour meeting lasted for hours!

The cravings got the best of me... when the meeting let out (and no I didn't eat any candy!) I was on the search for something to snack on.  I decided to stop by Trader Joe's.  I remembered a friend of mine buying these corn tortilla chips that had flax seeds on them.  I was so excited because they were gluten free!  I found my way over to the snack section and grabbed them up.  They would go perfect with my homemade salsa (recipe is located on my blog- I omitted the sugar this time though).

I will sadly admit that I was still craving sweets.  So I was on the hunt... I got out three things... 1) Stevia 2) Almond milk 3) Unsweetened Pure Cocoa powder.  I thought if I mixed the three together I would have a nice, sweet treat.  FAIL!  The cocoa powder was very clumpy and it didn't taste as good as regular chocolate milk.

On a good note, once I ate dinner (left overs from last night, brussels sprouts, and a sweet potato) my cravings went away.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment