Social Icons

Friday, August 24, 2012

Digestive System

So I've noticed a change in the ummm...errrr...ummm... (potty time).  Ever since increasing my water in-take I noticed that I go tinkle quite a bit.  Now, some of you are going "Duh" right now.  But for someone like me who has the "gotta go..gotta go...gotta go right now" syndrome this can definitely get in the way of progress.

I have to make sure that I don't drink a lot before going on walks and if I drink a lot at dinner I am up at midnight running to the bathroom.

So today, as I went on my fifth-day-in-a-row walk, I realized that I need to make sure I keep the water on me.  I did my 1/2 hour walk and decided to be a "hero" and run all the way up the steps (now I counted 12 steps in one SMALL portion of this looooonnnnggg upward part of the hiking trail).  So there were a ton more .  Then, as if that wasn't enough I walked all the way down and RAN up them again.

Now I can't sit here and say that I was able to run up all of them, but I sure did try.  My calves were burning and my lungs were about to explode.

When I got to the top of the staircase landing the second time I had to sit down.  At this point I was dizzy and on the verge of throwing up.  I sat there trying to get my heart rate down but I could feel my heart just pounding against my chest.  I am not sure if I just over did it or if I was dehydrated.  I had only drank about 32 oz of water before setting out on this walk.  Either way, I decided even if I have to carry a role of toilet paper with me and make a venture into the woods, I had better load up on my fluids when doing this kind of thing.  Otherwise, someone may be rushing me to the hospital.

The other "bathroom" lesson that I learned this week was that eating healthy will really help keep the bowls moving.  I was staying so constipated before (I know...more than you need to know) but these walks have really helped keep me regular.

I guess the reason I am writing this is because we are all friends on here.  I read a really sad story about a girl who lost a ton of weight (without really doing anything). Come to find out she had a disease that caused her stomach muscles to stop working.  She was in her 20's and slowly dying.

Since I care about my own well-being and that of my readers, I thought I would share two good articles for keeping your digestive system "happy and healthy".  I hope this helps someone out there.

Food Sensitivities: 10 Best & Worst Foods for Your Tummy
http://www.lifescript.com/health/centers/digestive/tips/gut_check_10_best_and_worst_foods_for_your_tummy.aspx


UltraWellness Lesson 4: Gut & Digestive Health

by 
http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/04/28/ultrawellness-lesson-4-gut-digestive-health/


No comments:

Post a Comment