Social Icons

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Friends: What a wonderful world of support!

Losing weight is hard enough, but doing it alone is almost unbearable.  

I am glad that I have my friends on the Calorie Count website.  It is nice to login and see that someone has left you a very encouraging message, or someone tells you that you have inspired them.

We all need someone who will encourage our growth.  What I have learned from the CC website is that your support does not have to come from your spouse, best friend of 20+ years, your Mom, your Dad....  The best support is either someone who is on the journey with you OR someone who has been in your shoes but found a way to win the battle.

Although I want to be an inspiration to someone else, I must first inspire myself.  No one will believe you if you don't even believe in yourself.


Today's journey was fun.  I dragged my son and his best friend along with me today.  They were on roller blades while I made the journey on foot.  It was nice watching them laugh and have fun.  It took my mind to a different place.  I was actually surprised at how fast my walk went today by having them around.

After dinner, I sat down and read some CC posts.  I am so proud of all of my friends and the progress they are making. I posted a few encouraging comments and then reflected on how good each of them made ME feel.

I thought about my walk and seeing my son with his best friend.  I reflected on the various journeys that everyone on CC is on.  Then, I had the realization of how big this world really is and all the many ways that God can bless our lives.

Thank you and good luck to everyone who is on this journey with me.  May you keep inspiring others.

No comments:

Post a Comment