Social Icons

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Subway: Is It Really Healthy

I have ate Subway 6 days in a row (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed).  On Wednesday, I actually ate it for breakfast AND dinner.  This is because I am trying to watch my calories, AND it tasted so good AND it was so filling that I wanted it over and over again.

However, after a few days I noticed that my face started breaking out.  Now, I had some pimples on the side of my chin which I am almost sure are from hormones (it's the cycle y'all).  However, I broke out pretty bad on my forehead.

Now, let me just tell you that I am not prone to acne.  When I do get a pimple I usually only get one or two.  This time I had a lot.

Ironically, I did NOT eat Subway today, and I came across this article on Prevention Magazine's website.  It is titled, "10 400-Calorie Subway Meals- Exposed!."

My favorite sub is the Turkey Breast Sub.  I love having a 6" sub with 9 grain whole wheat bread with a little turkey and a whole lot of veggies (can't forget the oil/vinegar blend).

Well, guess which sub was the first one on their list?  You got it! My favorite one!!!!

Come to find out, my TURKEY has 12 ingredients!!!!  My bread has 41!!!!!  Oh, and I quote (about my bread), "you’ll find diacetyl tartaric acid esters of monoglycerides—a dough conditioner that is forbidden in any product sold at Whole Foods Market—and azodicarbonamide, another dough conditioner that is banned in Europe and Australia."

Really?!?!?!  Not to mention that my TURKEY has a ton of preservatives.

So I ask myself, is this scientifically engineered sub what caused my acne?  Was it an allergic reaction to something found in the 53 ingredients (not counting my veggies or oil blend)?  Since some food allergies don't pop up unless ate in excess (which Subway six days in a row is a little excessive) one would have to conclude that it is highly likely.

I didn't finish reading the results about the other 9 subs.  I was too afraid too.  However, if you are a Subway lover like me, you might want to read up on your "healthy" choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment