Social Icons

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Working Out: Strengthening via Pilates

It has been raining since Sunday (3 days).  This makes it hard for me to get outside and do my walks.  So tonight, I decided to look through my list of workout DVD's and since I want to tone I opted for my Pilates for Dummies DVD.

I have had this DVD for a while.  It was the first Pilates video that I bought.  I am proud to say that it still works!  After the standing workout I was sweating like crazy.  I even took a picture of my legs.   They were red!  I knew it was because the muscles in my legs were heating up, but I wanted to understand the reasoning behind the redness.  So I did a little research and here is what I found:

"When you exercise, you are producing heat and increasing your body temperature. To regulate this temperature, your body signals more blood to flow to the skin's surface. This actually creates more heat on the skin's surface---enough heat to be radiated off the skin in order to cool it."- Livestrong.com

I have to admit that I love the sweat and hard work.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to do much of the floor exercises.  I have hardwood floors and thin Pilates' mats.  It can be painful to lay down on my back or sides.  My next task is to purchase a thicker mat.

After the standing portion of my Pilates workout.

The redness from working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment