Social Icons

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Breakfast: Egg Stuffed Bell Pepper

This morning I wanted to create my own breakfast (inspired by Fitness Magazine's Easy, Cheesy Baked Egg).  I experimented and boy did I enjoy it!  I am sitting here writing my blog, and I am stuffed!  I hope you enjoy!

Breakfast: Egg Stuffed Bell Pepper
Serving: 1
# of Calories (Egg Stuffed Bell Pepper): 168
# of Calories (Full Plate Below): 274

 Ingredients:
1 Slice Tomato
1 tsp Parmesan Cheese
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 egg
1 egg white
1 tbsp Best Damn HOT Salsa (see my recipe on previous post)
1 tsp butter
1 tsp 2% milk
Non-stick Cooking Spray

Directions:
1) Set oven to broil
2) Cut top off of bell pepper and clean out inside
3) Place bell pepper on a non-stick pan and place in oven.
4) Once bell pepper starts to char around the ring (see photo) begin preparing egg mixture.
5) Mix egg, egg white, butter, milk together and place in a pan coated with non-stick cooking spray on medium heat.
6) Scramble mixture and continue cooking until mixture is solid (no longer runny)  then mix in salsa.
7) Pull bell pepper out of the oven and place egg mixture inside the bell pepper.
8) Place sliced tomato on top of egg mixture (to fill hole) and then top with 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese.
9) Place bell pepper back in over and cook until cheese is well melted and slightly browning.  Then remove and enjoy!

I served this with 1 cup 50/.50 Spring Mix salad topped with 1 tbsp Kraft Italian Roasted Red Pepper Dressing and 6 strawberries topped with 1 tbsp Cool-Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment